Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Story Genres - Romance


Hello lovelies!


Keeping it short today, because it's waaaay past my bedtime. I based today's manicure on my favourite romance novel of the moment: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins!


When I first saw the cover, it screamed mani to me, so this was the perfect opportunity!

I started with a base of Celestial Cosmetics "Poipu Sunset" and then created a gradient with LynBDesigns "Nightmare Revisited" and Celestial "Hokulani". Then I sponged on some mixture of grey, black and silver holo. Then I created the buildings and the wonky Eiffel Tower with Rimmel Black Out and a detail brush. The lights are Poipu Sunset again. I sealed it al in with SV.


I hope you like it, despite the Eiffel Tower's wonkiness... 

Have a look at the other ladies' manicures below!



8 comments :

  1. Oh I love that background gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have picked this book up so many times but have yet to go beyond picking it up! How would you describe it? Maybe I need to give a go soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely amazing! I love the base shades and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this mani. The pond holo skyline - it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this. They are a perfect match for the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is really awesome! And I love the skyline, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layering of the buildings is incredible! This matches the book cover beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! You captured that book cover perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!