Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Swatch-It Sunday: Essence Sparkle Sand Effects Nail Polish [pic heavy]

Hello lovelies!

Today (I mean, it's still Sunday in, like, the States and all ;) ) I will show you swatches of the new Sparkle Sand Effect nail polishes by Essence. Like OPI liquid sand, but then affordable in Europe ;) There are only 3 so far, but I'm sure there will be more to follow (I really really hope!). A nude "Hey Nude!", a sexy red "Me & My Lover" and a grungy black "Here's My Number". Let's start with the latter ('cause so did I). [B T dubs, my friends gave me these for my bday ;) ]








As you can see, it is a nice dark grey/blackish polish with holo and black glitters and a fine micro shimmer. It's is all kinds of sparkly IRL, the photo's don't do it justice! It's opaque in 2 coats, but it dries very very slowly. Also, to obtain the best sand effect, one should not use a base coat. Not only will it not dry as sandy, but it will also slow down the drying process even more... Dry time is an issue with all of these 3 polishes. But they are gorgeous. So let's go to the next: Me & My Lover: 







This is 2 easy coats again. It is bright sexy red, with a golden and pink shimmer. This polish screamed black rhinestones to me (yeah, it just did, I dunno, but I had to obey!). Just FYI, don't push them into the wet polish (as is sufficient for 'normal' nail polish). Underneath the rhinestone it will NEVER dry. Wait for the "Me & My Lover" to dry and then attach them with some nail glue. That will do the trick. 

Now last, but not least, "Hey, Nude!", based on a popular song that a iconic singer in Utrecht used to sing every year for Queensday. 





SUNLIGHT! (finally)



Gorgeous. Simply Gorgeous. This one is very sheer, so even after these 3 coats, there's still some VNL, but it's OK for this one. This one has some chunky silver glitter and silver shimmer. Awesome! 

Now I thought a bit of nail art was in order, and I wanted to try the ikat with these three:



And of course, I made a tutorial, since it was an easy peasy design ;)


So, all in all... LOVE! I had shown you my first texture here, but it was different, since it was glitterless. This is, in my opinion, BETTER! Trust me, you will not be able to avert your eyes from your nails, once you wear this! The only down side is the dry time, but one could easily overcome that for this budget-friendly price ;)

xoxoxo
Captain

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments :

  1. I can't wait to get a hold of these! They look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous! Hey Nude is probably my favourite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, mine too, which I didn't expect at first ;) The effect is just so special in that one!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! They look just like the Liquid Sands! You found yourself some gems :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?! Superawesome. Hopefully they will introduce some new shades soon *_*
      They cost even less than 10% of the OPI ones here... Ridiculous, right?!

      Delete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!